Sunday 11 April 2010

southern fried chicken

we are having roast chicken for sunday lunch with a nice crust using Halen Mon with organic spices.
I have nicked some of the chicken already to try to make 'fried chicken' a la Valentine Warner. But also using some pieces from Edges' Butcher (best butchers in the UK). Hoping to convert Mark to real fried chicken - so wish me luck.

Also searching for a cockle and laverbread recipe I was taught by Dai Davies, a great and eccentric Welsh chef, but might have to make it up as I go along, as I can't find where I saved it before. I know he did it at the Denbigh show one year but can't remember where I wrote it down or filed it.

I also seem to have found my old bagel recipe, so might have a go at that later. As sadly I cannot get real bagels around here anymore and driving to Manchester first thing on a Sunday, is not something my other half is keen on.

No comments:

Post a Comment